Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hiking: indoors (aka shopping)

It’s been so cold outside that we have to be creative for things to do in our SPARE TIME.

Partly for fun, partly for practice, and partly because I have a strange sense of humor, I pulled out my MapMyHike app on a recent visit to Walmart. I always wanted to know just how big a big box store is.

This was a simple trip through pharmacy, automotive, a spur over to shoes for a pair of shoelaces, and a few grocery items. (By the way, the oil filter supply is still unreliable.)

Stats from the day: we went just over half a mile (.55) and it took 28 minutes, about 10 of which were standing in line at the checkout, so my app gave up on trying to figure the pace.

It also said we burned about 218 calories – how it calculates that can be a rant for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment