Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipes: old-fashioned crullers

As part of the recent holidays, we enjoyed an old-fashioned treat: crullers.

If I search for them, some more elaborate versions come up. These, as my grandma used to make, are simple deep-fried dough topped with sugar. Here you go:

4 eggs, beaten
5 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. milk
add enough flour to make a dough like for noodles

Roll out the dough and cut into pieces, about like a large tortilla chip. They can be any size or shape you like.

Fry in hot oil for just a few seconds, turn over for a few more seconds. You can leave them in until browned, but I like them better lightly fried.

Remove from oil and place on paper towel, and immediately heap on the sugar. Again, suit to taste, but I like a LOT of sugar.

I also like to eat them as soon as possible coming out of the pan, or at least while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment