Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Restaurant review: Kaffe Stuga, Harris MN

Just a stone’s throw off the I-35 freeway to the east is the little town of Harris, just a little north of North Branch.

Kaffe Stuga (that’s “coffee house” in English) is your classic local cafe.

Went simple with a cod dinner and sirloin tip hoagie. The side salad was just a small bowl of lettuce with a cucumber slice, but for perhaps the first time in my life, I was given more salad dressing than I needed for the proportion of the salad. Usually, I end up trying to stretch the dressing as far as I can to cover the remaining lettuce.

The cod was perfectly cooked, and the accompanying fries was a generous portion. Best of all, two meals were barely over $15, before the tip.

You know what you’re getting from the chains, but the local places have their own charm and variety, even when you order the same food.

No comments:

Post a Comment