Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Monday, November 25, 2013

Sports: Vikings, Packers, oops

We hosted an early Thanksgiving Sunday for family, which meant football on TV, which meant I ended up seeing part of a Vikings game for the second time this season.

Last time, my prediction was perfect (See here.)

This time, when the Vikings surprisingly scored to go ahead 23-7 late in the third quarter, I made my move and announced “24 to 23.”

Everybody knew what I meant. Worse yet, nobody dared disagree. Even the most loyal Vikings fan knows deep in his heart that no lead is ever safe.

As it turned out, I was only partially right this time. The Vikings did blow the lead, but only to the point of tieing the game, not losing, which was a victory in itself.

I was a victim of Green Bay’s strategy of trying to clear up the losing margin in two 8-point pieces instead of the traditional NFL route of simply kicking extra points. There was plenty of time for two touchdowns and a field goal, which proved to be the case and would have been successful had the Packers followed the proven format for coming from behind to defeat a Minnesota team.

It’s nice to see other teams make mistakes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment