Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sports: Vikings choke, as predicted

Was passing by a TV Sunday about 2:45 so decided to see how the purple heroes were doing. There were about 6 minutes left, Vikings had a 3-point lead and the ball at Chicago’s 30.

So I called my son: “Want to see the Vikings blow it?” I proceeded to describe to him how the Vikings would get a field goal and then the Bears would score a touchdown to win 31-30.

We settled in to watch and it unfolded exactly like I had predicted, like if we watching a recording I’d seen before instead of a live game.

“Why do you think they’ll lose?” he asked. “Because they’re the Vikings. I’ve been watching them long enough, and three out of four times in this situation, they’ll lose.”

As the Bears knelt down to run out the final seconds, he didn’t really acknowledge my prognosticating. I was satisfied anyway, not so much at having been right, but more so at not having wasted three hours to get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment