Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Running: Bear Water Run results (part 2)

I only ran BWR twice, so I started digging back to get a better feel for the event. Was disappointed to see declining participation, from over 900 runners in 2009 to 650 this year. Hopefully, the White Bear Lions find it worthwhile to keep going, as it is a very well-run event.

Congratulations to Jerry Kozitza who placed 434th out of 436 in the 20-mile, but was first (and only) in his age group of 70-plus. If I have to be alive yet at age 70, I hope I can at least run a 5k.

In the 10-mile, the over 70 crowd is a competitive group. I would have been 4th out of 6 this year and 8th out of 9 in their age group, so I’ll stick to mine.

Otherwise, thanks for the light blue t-shirt. I already have too many lime green ones.

Now it’s on to the Medtronic Twin Cities 10-Mile. More on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment