Mouth-watering Omaha Steaks

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas shopping: part 4, almost done!

This time, headed for Dick’s Sporting Goods at Hopkins Crossroad but took a detour into Michael’s, the Land of of Unnecessary Things to Buy.

I was happy to see that the small pieces of craft Styrofoam that we bought recently at Walmart for a school project for a whopping $7 a piece were $12.99 at Michael’s. Ouch.

We did find a nice picture frame for the neighbors (hope they’re still not reading this), and eventually a crafty string called Raffia.

I was surprised when the clerk asked if I wanted a bag. “Yes” I said, thinking that I just spent $25 on Unnecessary Things, the least you could do is give me a bag.

What’s with stores these days that they don’t want to give you receipts, and now bags? Does the few inches of receipt tape, or a convenient plastic bag add that much to the bottom line?

Eventually, made it over to Dick’s, looking for a running headlamp as a gift. Our favorite salesman, Joe, did such as good job explaining what it does and how it works – even for reading – that I added one to my wish list as well.

On to Knollwood and a stop at Burger King. Haven’t been to BK for quite awhile it seems, as I didn’t know they know serve flavored ice drinks. I also gathered from a poster that BK now has a menu item called Big King. It appears to be two all beef patties, spcial sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun. How original! Next time, I’ll have to try one.

Couple other quick stops and our Christmas shopping is nearly finished.

Until next time, unnecessarily yours . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment